Jump to content

St. Quintin - On the foundations of a Gothic hall church

The church of St. Quintin in Mainz was first mentioned in 774. The building was constructed between 1288 and 1330.

Aerial view of St. Quintin's Church
Aerial view of St. Quintin's Church

In 1994, St. Quintin was once again given a wooden spire. This meant that the last church in Mainz had been restored to its pre-war condition.  Destroyed several times, a Gothic hall church with a square floor plan has been preserved. In addition to the high altar from 1739 with a new canopy, the large altarpiece by Franz Anton Maulbertsch (1724-1796) is remarkable. Another highlight is the restored pulpit, which originally came from St. Emmeran.

Tower of the church of St. Quintin
Tower of the church of St. Quintin

Opening hours and church services

You can find the latest information on the St. Quintin website.

Contact us

Address

St. Quintin

Quintinsstraße 5
55116 Mainz

Explanations and notes

Picture credits

Sprachauswahl

Quick search